I am embarrassed I am even posting this but
Just kidding. Last night was the first time I tried a Miller High Life. Don, I love you, but next Easter you can bring the unopened Miller home with you. It is not, as it would have you believe, the champagne of beers.
Also, I never have, but if I’m going to drink beer in the morning I’m going to have this –
Not the least of which because it makes me think of this –
Bucket List (partial)-
Own a Farm
Finish Revising One of the Novels
Drink Baltika in the Morning
(Russian nesting dolls? Really Jaime, is that all you got? It’s all I have, Internet. It’s all I have. By the way, Internet, why don’t you have a picture of Russian men doing that thing where they link arms and drink tea with linked arms? Huh? Huh? In semi-related news, if you are a Russian man with friends, could you do this and send me a picture, please and thank you. )
After all that, allow me to unveil my real new breakfast drink obsession
Orange Juice Spritzer
Here’s why I am embarrassed –
- It is a very common drink I just happened to never have tried
- It is stupid easy to make
Here’s why I am going to post it anyway –
- I would completely turn up my nose at orange juice with ice in it, but this I love.
- I get depressed when I order juice at a restaurant and they bring out that little, little glass, and I’m like, is that all I should have? Damn.
- Since 8 ounces of orange juice is 110 calories, it really is all I should have, but I can have a big ol’ glass of this for 55 calories.
- If you happen to be anemic (why would you happen to be anemic? I don’t know. I’m not your doctor. But if you’re a woman, chances are decent that you are. Want to check? Rub a gold ring on your face for 10 seconds. Has to be gold and has to be on your face. Did it leave a mark? Yep, you’re possibly/probably anemic. This works, I am not just trying to get you to rub a ring on your face. Really. ) Anyway…if you happen to be anemic, the vitamin C in this will help you to access the iron in your breakfast or the iron tablet that is 250% of the daily recommended iron dosage that you have to take twice a day. Actually, I think that’s just me.
- It is eerily reminiscent of Orangina, which I fell in love with while I was visiting Europe at age 14 because they sold it on my tour bus (what?) but Orangina has HFCS in it. Tear.
Here’s what you need –
4 ounce orange juice
4 ounces club soda
Padding alert –
Did you really need instructive photos on how to pour this into a glass?
This drink is so beautiful –
even the sun was like “I will shine on you like the beacon of hope that you are”……or someone just placed it in front of a sunny window. You decide.